Monday, May 3, 2010

Back in the Game!

Back to the swing of things!

This was a tough week. I had to make myself exercise and eat with in my calories all week and I had no ambition or motivation. It resulted in only loosing 1 lb and left me .6lbs sort of my 50 lb by May 1 goal. I did cheat and weigh myself this morning and I'm easily at 50lbs now but that's not what counts. I didn't deliver on the small goal I had set for myself and it's due to my lack of motivation this past week. I've had some time to contemplate where I need to give more and the answer is simple.... stop making excuses and just get back on track.

A ton of people are starting to notice my weight loss... family, friends, coworkers... even people I don't really know at work. IT's a great feeling when they ask me how I'm doing and I love to tell them "by watching how many calories I intake, increasing my fiber and water intake and working out 30-60 mins every day" Sometimes they are excited and want to know more... some of them almost look disappointed it's not a magic pill/shake/protein bar... and may say the following phrase.... "Good for you... I really just don't have the time to do all that stuff in my life..."

Part of me feels like the last phrase is a slap in the face to all of the people who do make time. Everyone has commitments, everyone has battles, struggles, and "stuff" going on... It's up to you to make the time to decide that you are worth 30-60 mins a day and the time it takes to track/plan your meals.... You really are. And if you ask TD I bet he know 100 people just as buys as these sorts of people above think they are... but they are doing it. I know 2 mothers of 2 with FT jobs and someone in sales that works a TON and has a small independent business of her own doing this diet right now... and they are doing it so in my opinion anyone can do it if they let themselves be open to the idea and ask for help and support from their families.

The second thing I've been thinking of is... This life style change is about making me the healthiest happiest person I can be because when I'm healthy and happy I feel like I"m the best I can be for my friends and family. I'm not only making this change for myself, I'm making it so that when I decide to have children I am in the best condition I can possibly be in to promote a healthy, happy pregnancy and have the energy and stamina it takes to do all the things I dream of doing wight our future children.

This was more evident than every this past week. We got an e-mail requesting we work 5 hours of over time this week which really threw a wrench in my schedule. I know it doesn't seem like a lot but the past week I felt like with everything else I had going on there wasn't anything more I could take on. Because I got this idea in my head my progress suffered but I'm back in the game this week.

I have decided there will be no more mini gals... a loss is a loss and i"m just going to let it happen. for me it put to much pressure on me and I let myself down. The fact that I'm doing this is a huge accomplishment. I just need to let it happen.

I'm recovering from my grandma's 80th birthday party. We had a great turn out and it was nice to see everyone come out and celebrate with her. I'll post a picture later and it will actually be a nice picture where I've cleaned up a bit! Today is just cleaning the house and getting Dyson back from the doctor (Mazda ate the cord). And preparing for the work week and a great weight loss week.

I'll leave you with this...In 14.5 weeks I've basically lost 50 lbs... that is about 3.44 lbs per wee and that's pretty darn fantastic.

I hope this post finds you working towards your goals whatever they may be and remembering that even when it seems like it's to hard to get there... it wasn't hard all of the weeks before so it's going to be ok, you'll get through it... I did!

1 comment:

  1. "Time is a created thing, to say you have no time means you really don't want to."
    — Lao Tzu, father of Taoism

    You're an inspiration... :)

    ReplyDelete