Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Gain

I'm up pound this week. It's hard to admit but... it's life and you have to take the good from the bad and know that you can fix it for next week. Also.... I started the bad habit of drinking soda again so... bye bye soda I realize you hinder my success... you are bubbly and delicious and I will indulge on you one day a week instead of a few morning a week.

Jordan bought himself a pedometer and is also getting in to counting the steps, it's been great for us. We've been getting in walks together and this week in addition to our walks I'm going to throw in a video exercise. I got my hands on a copy of Slim and 6.... I'm going to try it out eventually but... when it's so nice outside I can't justify being in the house to work out! Also, I bought Jillian Michael's yoga melt down and I LOVE it, so give it a try if you've been wondering.
I also have 30 Day Shred and Biggest Looser Cardio work out. I'm building an arsenal of videos so I don't get bored.

My friend Jen got me a free pass to Curves so I will also be checking that out. Now that I'm not sick and things have settled down a lot! I can't wait to check it out!

Mazda has K9 Elementary school today! She needs to be the best puppy she can be because if you haven't heard already... the new addition to our family will be home in 8 weeks! Jordan has forever wanted a hunting dog. We love our little rescue but we realized very quickly she needed a friend and that she wouldn't ever be a very good hunter :) She's a great dog to keep me motivated for walks and stuff but... Jordan still felt the need for a bird dog!

We also realized quickly a lab might be to big for Mazda although the more I see about her the more I think she's one tough little princess that can give any dog a run for their money!! A coworker and friend of Jordan's has Brittany's and ever since my aunt Gayla and Uncle chip had one I have been in love with them! The breeder his friend knows is a great guy who loves his dogs to pieces they are his life and he makes sure they all go to great homes and keeps up with all of the owners of his past litters. When you go into his house it's lined with pictures and paintings of his dogs and of all of their accomplishments in the hunting/field training competitive circuit. I was leery to go with a breeder because there are so many dogs that need our love from shelters but... I fell in love with the mom and I'm confident there is no funny business going on with this breeder :)

Our new addition was born on Wednesday and we can go visit him at 3 weeks and he can come home at 8 weeks! Those of you that know my husband know he's a Chemistry nerd and wants all of his dogs to be named after the periodic table of elements... (it's OK the laugh it's funny). So our new dog's name will be Titian which will be short for Titanium. He really wanted Tungsten but I have to remind him that his sister had called dibs on that one. :) If we would have gotten a girl, her name would have been Ruby... short for Rubidium...

We can't wait for our new puppy to be home and we can't wait to see how excited Mazda is! She lives to play, especially with other dogs!

Tonight we are going to Mudbugz in Valley with my Parents and brother to celebrate my dad's birthday back from May 5th, it's been a busy month in the Brandenburg family so it will be good to catch up. Now... I don't know a lot about Mudbugz but I'm expecting everything to be fried and injected with extra fat. It's OK, I have my game plan, I'm going to have all my fiber in before I go and keep my eating minimal today. Then I'm going to go from there. My mom will be in the same boat and I know we can make it work!

I hope your weekend is whatever you were hoping it would be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment