Saturday, May 8, 2010

Update

What a week....
Sorry it has been so long since my last post. A lot has happened this week.

I'm very sad to say that Tuesday morning some very dear friends lost a husband/father/friend. Dave Grosserode passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday morning. It has jolted everyone that knew him and the Grosserode family and my heart is breaking for them. Dave was an amazing faith filled man who loved his family, running, the huskers, golfing, and going out to eat,. He was an amazing example and inspiration as a loving father. I continue to pray every day for the Grosserode's and I know that the Lord will surround them with love through this difficult time. Please keep them in your prayers as the next few days will be hard but the road has just begun. Father's day will be hard, Heather's wedding will be hard, birthday's will be hard. Hopefully the prayers we lift up for them will help support them through these days. If you guys are reading this I love you all so much and I'm hear of you whatever you need. Stir fry night to follow soon... and of course lettuce wraps for the appetizer bowls :P

The stress of the week took a toll on my body. Wednesday I had a massive headache that made me sick to my stomach and Thursday evening I got a sore throat, Friday I felt like death and actually had a fever which I haven't had since I had the flu as a Jr. in college, and before that I was a freshman in high school. Dr. at the quick care confirmed that I don't have strep, just a virus and said that my prescriptions were for unlimited Popsicles and sleep. Not gonna lie... that lady is my new BFF... unlimited Popsicles and sleep??? HELLOOOO!

I'm feeling much better today and I'm happy to report that I lost 3 lbs this week for a total of 52.4 :) I'm taking it easy until this after noon when Mazda has her first day of school for K9 elementary through the Nebraska Humane Society !!!!

We will also be cleaning this nasty house so that our friend Matt can come and visit... he is coming for Dave's funeral, not the circumstances we want to see him under but none the less, we are glad to have him as a guest.

Thanks for reading. Let this be a reminder to hold those you love close and never let them forget how much you care. Life is precious and it can be taken from us at any time. We are never given more than we can handle and Jesus will hold us through the hard times and support us through the happy times.

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment