Saturday, January 23, 2010

2010 Resolutions!

2009 was an amazing year. I got a job promotion, bought a house, got married and got a puppy! Of course there were other amazing things that happened but that is the basic gist of it!



I make resolutions every year and of course by about January 3rd they have all gone completely out the window! I'm sure many of you can relate and I'm sure many of you can not!



This year in 2010 I have 3 main resolutions:

1)Make a Lifestyle Change. You only have only body and you need to be as good to it as possible because it needs to get you through your average life expectancy! As an insurance nerd I know that it is growing every year thanks to modern medical technology and the things we are learning about the human body.

2)Take an amazing trip with my husband! Since we decided to buy a house in 2009 we gave up the idea of a honey moon after our wedding. I was very bummed about it but I knew we made the right decision and I love our house! I have not given up hope on my idea of an amazing trip together though! I do believe that my #1 resolution will make this one that much more enjoyable!

3) No longer give 100% to those that do not give 100% in return. I'm a 27 year old female and it has taken me years to get to the point to say this out loud. The idea of this came about when I started dating my husband. One night after having unloaded a stressful situation between me and a friend he looked at me and said "Sarah... I don't understand why you give 100% to people that will never at some point return it." I know friendships have give and take and all of them serve a purpose, and I had even come to understand that not all friendships are meant to last a life time... And I'm OK with that. I would go to the end of the earth for my friends to make sure they were happy and to make sure that I was doing what I could to help them out. What became draining is that it never seems to get returned... Don't get me wrong, I have amazing friends and they have all been there for me at some point or another but... Everyone has dropped the ball, myself included at some point or another. The point of this statement is that from this point forward, I'm not an ego stroker, I'm not a punching bag, I'm not going to drop something important to me to fix something for someone else. I've worried about others long enough. It's time to worry about me.

It's time to embrace who we are, that we never stop changing, learning, or growing. It's time to have a mutual respect for where everyone is at in their lives and let them figure it out from there! It's time to support each other and not bring us down.



My mom presented me with the opportunity to check out a diet she heard about at the building she works in. Tony Dean's F.A.S.T diet. (Families. Always. Succeed. Together). I went to the meeting with a great supportive partner on Thursday night! This will be the most important part of helping me with Resolution #1!! So far... I have decided... this is NOT going to be easy but... I'm OK with that and I know that my mom, who has also decided to commit herself to Resolution #1, and my great friend Jessi... will help left me up and support me and keep reminding me I can do this!



SO!!!



Day 1 had me kind of discouraged... both my mom and Jessi were there to tell me it was OK.



Now we are on to Day 2... and... It's looking up!



Make sure to check back for weekly updates and Photos as we all work to achieve our goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment