Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Dog Ate my Motivation...

That's funny right??!

In all seriousness the week started off great and I was full of motivation. Then......

The most perfect little man ever was born on Monday. My first Nephew. He's perfect and amazing and I spent every second I could at the hospital with him and his parents until they went home Thursday.

I've decided it's time to cut back on sugar and carbs. I'm going with a new game plan.
"80% is perfection". I often find myself trying to do everything perfect 100% of the time and it results in massive failure.

Also this week brings trying new things. We bought brussel sprouts and salmon at Cost Co and I'm going to try my best to learn how and like fish. :)

I spent this weekend making meals that can be frozen and taken to my Brother In Law's and Sister In Law's. I made 3 separate meals:

Pioneer Woman's Spicy Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
Crock Pot French Dips

I was able to split all the meat up in to 4-5 bags and vacuum sealed them with my food saver. That way they don't feel like they have to eat the same meal for 4 days so it doesn't go to waste! I will be taking everything down on Friday! (I may have done all this ahead of time so I can just hold my nephew the entire time and smell him)

This week's menu:

Sunday: Crock Pot Chicken Taco Meat- Taco Salads
Monday: Blackened Salmon, Brussle Sprouts, Brown Rice
Tuesday: Mushroom Cap Pizza Bites
Wednesday: PW's Spicy Pulled Pork BBQ Pizza's (using the High Fiber Tortilla's)
Thursday: Ranch Panko/Fried Onion Chicken Breast's with Broccoli and Sweet Potato Waffle Fries
Friday: Salmon in Foil Packs with Sugar Snap Peas
Saturday: I might try this cauliflower pizza crust everyone keeps talking about!

Also, for this week I brown some ground turkey and put it in a cup cake tin, filled it with a mixture of 7 Eggs and 7 Egg Whites and then topped it with reduced fat cheese. I baked it at 350 degree's for 20-25 minutes. We will have them all week to either put in a tortilla or on a whole grain English muffin!

That's all for now! Hope everyone has a great week. I will try and get better at posting some pictures!

1 comment:

  1. 80% sounds good to me--you have to make it livable! And brussel sprouts are actually surprisingly good when you cook them right--I like lots of butter, but lemon juice and olive oil is really good, too. Just remember that smaller brussel sprouts taste better--the big ones tend to be more bitter.

    Congratulations again on your new nephew!

    ReplyDelete