Sunday, January 29, 2012

Feeling Uninspired

This past week was a bit of a doozy.

I had a co-worker in town to do some testing on a new product we will be rolling out.

I had an HSG. Very painful. All clear which is good news.

And last but not least... Thursday, January 26th marked the due date for the pregnancy we lost. All week I thought I was really OK with it and had come to terms with it but I was most definitely wrong. And I'm very sad that we still have made no progress. I have good days and bad days but that was most definitely a bad day.

Friday I went to Nebraska City to hang out with my Sister in Law and my new nephew. It was nice to just relax with them and have a quiet day.

Saturday we decided to host a game night with some friends. I made Ham and Cheddar Pretzel Bites, Baked Mozzarella Sticks, and Pizza Pinwheels with home made dough. They were all amazing and it was easy to only take 2 of each and have a large salad and feel full.

I also made an Apple pie with Cinnamon swirl crust. I don't care for pie but others liked it. I also made Nutella Swirl Cup Cakes with Nutella Cream Cheese Frosting. The cup cake was dry and I was disappointed but the frosting was amazing. I had 1/2 of a cupcake so I felt pretty good about having a party and enjoying all of the food but not overdoing it!

We played Quelf and celebrated Jordan's best friend's birthday! It was a great night and I love having game night with a great group of people. We ended the party around 2am and then it was definitely time for bed! Today I will be cleaning to put my house back together. SO MANY DISHES!

I have yet to get motivated to eat healthy for this week, which might be a downfall of having "splurge food".... hopefully I will find my motivation somewhere today!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sarah, I wish I had read this sooner. I just want to give you a hug :( I'm sorry again for your loss.

    ReplyDelete